We are updating platform requirements for apps on our platform. As part of this update, all apps that intend to access production data will go through Intuit’s security, tech and platform assessment processes.
Starting November 2021, all new apps or apps that are in the development phase will be required to complete the assessment process prior to getting production credentials.
For existing apps that already have access to production credentials, we will reach out to you in phases starting in October 2021 for steps on how to complete our refreshed assessment process.
Why is this happening?
Intuit refreshes its app compliance criteria periodically to ensure an appropriate level of quality for all apps in the developer platform and ensure they adhere to Intuit’s data security and compliance policies.
What action do you need to take?
- Take a look at our refreshed guidelines and make sure your app meets our requirements to get a head start.
- Make sure your developer account has the right email captured. Check this blog post to learn more.
- We will notify you via email when your app is due for the assessment process. When we do so, respond to our request in a timely manner. This email will be sent to the same email address you use to log into developer.intuit.com; please make sure that is an attended account.
What will happen if you don’t meet our standards?
New apps that don’t comply with our criteria will not get access to production credentials.
For existing apps on our platform with one or more connections to QuickBooks® companies, we will provide a 60-90 day window to remediate any issues. Failure to comply will result in phased actions:
- Your app users will start seeing warning banners notifying them of the app’s non-compliance.
- We will limit the app’s ability to onboard new customers.
- We will block your API access.
When does this take effect?
Starting Nov. 15, 2021, all new apps that require access to production data will be required to meet these requirements.
For existing apps in our platform, we will begin testing the new process with a small group of apps beginning Oct. 1, 2021. Our entire developer community will be expected to meet our updated platform requirements by the end of July 31, 2022.
If you would like to participate in our early test, please share your contact info here. We’ll follow up next month with more details.
If you have any questions about the process, reach out to our support team.