Today we are happy to announce the availability of v2.1 of the PHP SDK for QuickBooks. This version of the SDK includes addition of several new entities as well as bug fixes.
Look for these improvements:
- TaxService entity added. Provides ability to create TaxCode and TaxRate objects.
- Capability to Email Invoice, Estimate and SalesReceipt objects. The format of the email content is dependent on the user’s company settings.
- Capability to Void SalesReceipt and Payment objects with payment type of Cash or Check, only.
- Capability to retrieve PDF for Invoice, Estimate and SalesReceipt objects. You can export the retrieved PDF to a defined directory.
- Bill entity supports linking its total payment to the corresponding BillPayment entity via the Bill.LinkedTxn attribute.
- Minor version 2
- Transaction entities: Transaction tax type as defined in company setting is now used instead of always defaulting to Exclusive.This change is only applicable to global companies.
- All API endpoints are now invoked with minorVersion=2. See Minor versions for more information.
Bug Fixes and Resolved Issues
- Batch item Id attribute (bId) was not populated correctly.
- Batch response now contains a description of the fault instead of no information.
- CDC : Date strings are now URL encoded for change data capture (CDC) operations.
- Batch/CDC : Exception handling had an undefined variable and was throwing meaningless exceptions.
- Invoice : Line item amount can now be set to 0. In previous versions it used to throw CheckNullResponseAndThrowException exception.
You can download and learn more about v2.1 of the PHP SDK for QuickBooks here.
Have questions? Please feel free to comment in our Developer Forums.
Senior Product Manager, Intuit Developer Group