We are pleased to introduce a new OAuth 2.0 Ruby Client that will make it easier for Ruby developers to integrate their app with QuickBooks Online APIs. With the help of this client, developers can create their OAuth Access Token within minutes. If you are not sure what is OAuth 2.0, or how to use it, OAuth 2.0 and OpenID are described in detail in the Intuit Developer Guide here.
In a nutshell below are the steps you should do follow to get an OAuth Access Token:
- Enter the redirect_Uri in the Developer Portal Keys tab under right environment
- The Client makes a request to the authorization server launching a Browser Window: Initiating the Authorization Request
- QuickBooks User enters QBO credentials in the browser window
- Intuit’s Authorization Server validates the Client Credentials and redirects the user back to the pre-configured redirectUri with AuthorizationCode
- Client exchanges this AuthorizationCode for bearer token and refresh tokens: Exchange code for refresh and access tokens
For details how to use use the Ruby OAuth 2.0 client, please refer to GitHub repo here.
This library also include modules to migrate OAuth1.0 tokens to OAuth2.0. If your app uses OAuth 1.0a and you don’t know how to get started with the migration, please contact Support and we’ll be happy to help you.